Views

Thursday 9 October 2014

Shalfleet Parish Council Elections -- Results

The results of the Shalfleet Parish Council by-election today are as follows:-

Number of valid ballot papers counted:  321  i.e. turnout 23.5%


110    Mike Carr
132   Stephen French
155   John Francis McGuirk
138   Pamela Vivien Myles
119   Shirley Stables
124   David Walter


The Returning Officer announced that the following have been duly elected:-

John McGuirk
Pamela Myles
Stephen French

Note from me (David Walter)

I would like to thank everyone who voted for me and my many friends in the Parish who backed me when I had the daft idea to stand for the Parish Council.  This was my first experience of standing for any kind of public office and I have enjoyed every minute of the campaign, meeting so many people and and often long and interesting discussions. I believe that I have also laid the foundation for several good new friendships, people I have met during the campaign.  I'm sure that Dr Gordon Walker will be pleased with the effect on my waist when I see him next!

I  suppose I am a bit sad not to have been elected but I respect democracy above everything.  I am sure that we will have a fine new Parish Council, with a fine new Clerk in Sally Woods. While I have only recently met Pamela I know John and Steve well and they had my votes.

Well done John, Pamela and Steve!


1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't get elected David. Being on your recipient list for your site has shown me what a committed person you are to the area in which we all live and I think you would have made a great Parish Councillor! Keep up the good work with your blog though as it keeps all of us up to date with all that's happening. Best regards.

    ReplyDelete