Views

Sunday 31 May 2015

Old Gaffers Festival Yarmouth 2015

I made a short video including some still shots of the Old Gaffers Festival on Saturday 30th May 2015.   It's embedded below.  It was a truly delightful day, everyone was happy and the weather was glorious.

For those of you overseas on the North Island ;) or at the far-flung corners of the Island thinking that Yarmouth and the West Wight is behind the beyond, do consider coming along next year.  It has to be the best value attraction on the Island costing precisely NOTHING!  It's FREE!  It does get busy and the car parks fill quite early.  There is a Park and Ride on the way into Yarmouth and Southern Vectis lay on extra buses.  Quite honestly bus is probably the best option unless you really need the car with you.

I hope you enjoy the video.  Still rather amateurish I'm afraid but getting better!  The movie and stills were all taken on my iPhone 4S.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting that video David. I never new the Gaffers mast's were in 2 parts. Well done with that and the useful information. Rowena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David, I enjoyed "wandering" round gaffers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Makes it all worthwhile. Soon I am starting an interview series 'On The Spot'. These will be short interviews of around 10 to 15 minutes with local people. What's it actually like to be, say, a garage forecourt attendant, bus driver,.... If you know anyone who might agree to be interviewed, please let me know. I'm looking for things the professionals wouldn't want to publish.

    ReplyDelete