Views

Sunday 8 June 2014

FOI Request re Affordable Housing Survey - email to Mr Peter Griffiths, Planning Officer, IWC

This is a copy of the email I sent out today (Sunday). I hadn't had time to research and write it until today but had to get it in by Monday, hence the timing. I am certainly hoping that we'll get some feedback quickly. To be fair, both Shalfleet Parish Council and the Isle of Wight Council have taken this very seriously and have acted promptly so there is some chance we might have something substantial to include with the Warlands Lane comments. You will see my note regarding The Ashlar. I have gone through some notes and there seems to be no real impediment for Spectrum Housing to go back to that plan, unless the Property Owners have sold or declined to sell to Spectrum. The SPC stated in their last meeting that it would still be their preference for The Ashlar to go ahead. From the work I have now done on both projects, there seems to be no need and both schemes are intrusive. They are also both environmentally unfriendly and will detract from the rural scene in the West Wight.

Email Griffiths 8-6-14 by david5174

No comments:

Post a Comment